Topic: Lightning for Icedove-UXP?

Thanks for the new package Icedove-UXP, but I'm missing my calendar. Could you please add Lightning / Iceowl or give a little hint on how adding this addon? Thanks!

Re: Lightning for Icedove-UXP?

tobias wrote:

Thanks for the new package Icedove-UXP, but I'm missing my calendar. Could you please add Lightning / Iceowl or give a little hint on how adding this addon? Thanks!

I raised an issue already about this, smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Thanks! smile

4 (edited by zapper 2018-08-29 22:05:17)

tobias wrote:

Thanks! smile

I also asked for ublock origin legacy to be added. smile

I mean, to icedove-uxp. wink

Iceowl-UXP (Lightning) is now in Icedove-UXP, with several JS fixes which are not included in Mozilla's version.

Although we can backport uBlock-origin to Icedove-UXP, all images and scripts are blocked by defaut in the mail client. The only place it is not protected is in RSS Feed reader mode, when the new mail link opens an unprotected web page with JS enabled.

I think it would be safer to just redirect this to open iceweasel-uxp as the mail client was never made for browsing.

6 (edited by zapper 2018-09-16 10:55:28)

g4jc wrote:

Iceowl-UXP (Lightning) is now in Icedove-UXP, with several JS fixes which are not included in Mozilla's version.

Although we can backport uBlock-origin to Icedove-UXP, all images and scripts are blocked by defaut in the mail client. The only place it is not protected is in RSS Feed reader mode, when the new mail link opens an unprotected web page with JS enabled.

I think it would be safer to just redirect this to open iceweasel-uxp as the mail client was never made for browsing.

My bad:  I mean NO resource url leak for icedove-uxp. Can that be added since ublock origin isn't needed?

PS, close that request if you want then.