Topic: Questions about installing Hyperbola
Hi all. I wanted to say a big thank you for helping me register Emulatorman (irc chat).
I have installation questions. I am writing instructions for my friends so they can install Hyperbola .
If these questions have already been answered, please provide a link to them.
1. What is the correct key verification algorithm? Please write the correct command algorithm. I followed the wiki and got this error.
pacman-key --populate hyperbola
2. The sound does not work when I use the browser. (I tried all browsers)
After installing alsa-utils , alsa-sndio ,sndio and running the applications
doas rc-update add ......default
, I had to edit the configuration file to define my audio card, which was a surprise for me)) After the
command, I see an inscription opposite sndiod nonetwork.
3. What do I need to do so that after installation I have on the panel: sound applet, screen brightness, internet connection (wifi or wired), keyboard layout change applet.
In this tutorial, I use fluxbox.
4. How to set up a firewall to close unnecessary ports and allow the necessary ones.
5. Do I need to run this command during installation?
cp /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ~/.xinitrc
(https://pagure.io/hyperbola_wiki) I didn't use it and it worked
6. What is the situation with display and window managers? I installed xorg-xdm (without slim) After reloading, I saw a gray small window, entered login and password, but nothing worked. Which window managers are best not to use and which ones are stable and work well?
7. How to properly configure doas so that when you reboot or shutdown the system does not ask for a password. Now I have everything by default.
In fact, the distro is very cool and consumes few resources. If I can solve all these issues it will be easy to switch to permanent use.