Topic: i3lock problem with wallpaper

If i3lock use a wallpaper with dots in the path, the waallpaper is not loaded.
For example using:

i3lock -i ~/.config/screenlock/wallpaper.jpg

does not work.
Moving to ~/.config/screenlock/ and executing:

i3lock -i wallpaper.jpg

it works

Re: i3lock problem with wallpaper

Thanks for noting. We will remove that package as it is malfunctional and not working without PAM in any way correct.
Sorry, if you had problems. If I can support you within finding an alternative, please leave a message here in the thread.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-21 21:08:07)

Thanks Trogh,
i'm searching for a lockscreen that can load  a wallpaper.
I created a little script with bash and spacefm dialog  to manage wallpaper  change and i would also lock the screen with the same wallpaper.
I had never developed in C but I will give a look to the I3lock code to fix this problem.

If you find a point I'm eager to help and support there.
For sure we have interest to have our lightweight system running good and fine.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

There is no source for i3lock in extra.git

https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … cbcd7d31f4
https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … 31d3323970
https://github.com/i3/i3lock/issues/134

purpleleaf wrote:

There is no source for i3lock in extra.git

This depends on what you desire, but there is another locking method, called slock and also this:

xautolock allows you to use slock to lock within a time frame of your choosing.

There might be other options, elsewhere on the web, albeit... YMMV.

Point being, is there something specific you want in a screen locker?

Also, was unaware till now... but slock can be used in combination with specific suspend options, if you need that.

One of which being zzz, otherwise, use uswsusp... btw, uswsusp, is called s3ram in the command name, go figure as to why...

enable username to use s3ram with doas and your set for both.

I still use this os on as many devices as I can, but I choose mostly to directly communicate with the devs when I feel the need.

Anywho, peace all, will talk to you all later!

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

8 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-24 18:38:08)

As I wrote before I want lock the screen with a picture like I3lock does.
I don't need anything else.
I found on GitHub some patched version of slock  that can also load  an image and I will test some of them today : )

In my case I suspend+lock with "doas zzz  & slock" from a menu entry. You must set /etc/doas.conf for a passwordless suspending.

10 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-24 22:56:08)

I don't need to lock and then suspend. I only want to lock the screen with an image as background.
I found on AUR "alock".
It can be compiled without pam and seems to work like i need, also the colors are command line configurable.
I will stick to it, hoping it will compile under BSD also smile

Thanks for the recommendation: Let's give it a try for addition and going to improve the desktop-experience for 0.4.3. smile

purpleleaf wrote:

I don't need to lock and then suspend. I only want to lock the screen with an image as background.
I found on AUR "alock".
It can be compiled without pam and seems to work like i need, also the colors are command line configurable.
I will stick to it, hoping it will compile under BSD also smile

Cool, if I had known about this, I would have said something.

This being said, we appreciate you finding this, it helps to have minimalistic software, the more the better, if possible tho.

smile

I say we, for the above reason.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!