1 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-28 17:21:38)

Topic: cupsd: Unable to read "/etc/cups/cups-files.conf" due to errors.

i tried to install cups, but if i start the service or if i start /usr/sbin/cupsd as root, i obtain the error reported in subject

cupsd: Unable to read "/etc/cups/cups-files.conf" due to errors.

reading the arch wiki for cups i tried to change the  ownership of the file to cups user and group (after adding them to the system), but without result.

Re: cupsd: Unable to read "/etc/cups/cups-files.conf" due to errors.

Can you please provide more information as it is not possible to reconstruct this error just with the error itself. Have you made any modifications?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-29 15:50:46)

No i didn't do any modification, i only installed cups.
Syslog does not provide anithing else.
Please suggest any way to obtain more information.

4 (edited by purpleleaf 2023-01-29 20:53:38)

i run cupsd with the -t option and it reported this error:

Unknown directive LogFileGroup on line 34 of /etc/cups/cups-files.conf.

commenting this option let cupsd start.
I removed and purged cupsd and reinstalled it to be sure that the problem was not due to my modifications, and it is present also after reinstallation.

I have discovered another problem within our concurrent cups-package also.
I'm now working at a overlook and rework for the package. I will also include the one from you, if you are okay with it?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

I also commented out the line in my cups configuration when I installed Hyperbola but forgot to report it.

throgh wrote:

I'm now working at a overlook and rework for the package. I will also include the one from you, if you are okay with it?

Obviously smile
Thanks