1 (edited by nparafe 2023-05-23 15:34:56)

Topic: About:Installing Hyperbola (...) with disk encryption excluding boot

I was finnaly able to install hyperbola with encryption using the newlly released guide.

In the #Setting_up_the_kernel_modules part I had an error about encrypt hook missing. Although I have installed cryptsetup earlier in the installation as mentioned in the #Initial_setup section. What solved the issue was installing it again with

pacman -S cryptsetup

before doing

mkinitcpio -p linux-libre-lts

In the #Install_video_package_(depending_brand_of_your_video_card) I installed my brands package AND #Xenocara_components. I propose this to be better documented.

In the #Install_`xenocara-input-synaptics`_only_on_laptops I would like to propose to add only in laptops that have touchpad, because in laptops like x200 this package is not needed.

Othet than the above minor comments, this guide is an excellent improvement . Many thanks to everyone that made it possible.

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

Re: About:Installing Hyperbola (...) with disk encryption excluding boot

im sorry nparafe i forgot to include that, but im happy you figured it out.

i will explain why you have to install cryptsetup twice, the first installation is made to the live system run by the iso so you can encrypt your disk cause we dont include it anymore in our iso, and the second one as you did is in your installed system.

In the #Install_video_package_(depending_brand_of_your_video_card) what do you suggest i add to better document it

Congratulations rachad for this guide.

Maybe something like adding the phrase: "Next install the base packages for Xenocara" ?

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

This guide does in fact work well, thank you for doing it. big_smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!