Topic: problem with commands

when I type this command (mkinitcpio  -p  linux-libre-lts) I get an error when installing hyperbole

EDIT (throgh): You have enhanced the thread with further questions, so I have edited the topic.

Re: problem with commands

Hello and welcome, please provide more information, including the error and the details of your installation. Which hardware is in usage? What kind of harddisk? Without those details I see no way to grant support or help here.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Hello and welcome, please provide more information, including the error and the details of your installation. Which hardware is in usage? What kind of harddisk? Without those details I see no way to grant support or help here.

SSD WDC WDS250G2BOA-00SM50
HDD TOSHIBA HDWD110
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU 3.60G
GPU AMD Radeon RX570X
module 1
8502 PSD48G240081       
8 ГБ @ 2400 MHz (DIMM DDR4)
module 2
8502 PSD48G240081       

install on ssd disk

throgh wrote:

what commands to enter after installing the hyperbole, not one command on the Internet is suitable

Post-installation

You will now have to create a user and get user privileges like doas. And of course, you will have to install your favourite Desktop Environment (DE).

Configure pacman
Edit /etc/pacman.conf and configure pacman's options, also enabling the repositories you need.

Update the system
At this point you should update your system.

Add an user
Finally, add a normal user.

bVfGgVFgB wrote:
throgh wrote:

SSD WDC WDS250G2BOA-00SM50
HDD TOSHIBA HDWD110
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU 3.60G
GPU AMD Radeon RX570X
module 1
8502 PSD48G240081       
module 2
8502 PSD48G240081       

install on ssd disk

There can be several points causing that issue: First to name the boot order. Depending on your installed hardware the used SSD-device is not the first within boot-ordering. Therefore please refer towards your fstab created before entering chroot. Second is the graphics-adapter as it has no further support in GNU/Linux-libre as kernel, so please do not be awaiting full 3D-acceleration support when everything starts finally.

You also need to provide the error-message as said: Without it there cannot be a more detailed view what is perhaps the problem.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

bVfGgVFgB wrote:
throgh wrote:

what commands to enter after installing the hyperbole, not one command on the Internet is suitable

Post-installation

You will now have to create a user and get user privileges like doas. And of course, you will have to install your favourite Desktop Environment (DE).

Configure pacman
Edit /etc/pacman.conf and configure pacman's options, also enabling the repositories you need.

Update the system
At this point you should update your system.

Add an user
Finally, add a normal user.

There are for sure several commands suiting. The question is more: Have you personal made the experience with them and do you feel confident using them without guidance or examples out of the global network?

Window-managers are just clear to be found within the package-repositories of Hyperbola:

doas pacman -Ss lumina
doas pacman -Ss icewm
doas pacman -Ss jwm
doas pacman -Ss i3
doas pacman -Ss fluxbox
doas pacman -Ss herbstluftwm
doas pacman -Ss evilwm
doas pacman -Ss pekwm

The installation-command is:

doas pacman -S [PACKAGE_NAME]

Editing of configuration-files within terminal:

doas nano [PATH_TO_FILE_WITH_FILENAME]

Update your system normally:

doas pacman -Syu

Adding a user:

doas useradd -g users -m -s /bin/bash [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG video [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG audio [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG sys [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG storage [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG optical [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG wheel [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG power [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG games [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG network [USERNAME]
doas usermod -aG input [USERNAME]

And please: Don't enhance the thread outwards as you have initially asked a complete different question. The ground basic is that you surely need doing some research and read also the basics about handling pacman / hyperman. Everybody starts at a point, so asking is no problem for sure. But awaiting a complete "TODO"-list is a different thing as Hyperbola is not that kind of operating-system planned to be fulfilling this role.

bVfGgVFgB wrote:

when I type this command (mkinitcpio  -p  linux-libre-lts) I get an error when installing hyperbole

EDIT (throgh): You have enhanced the thread with further questions, so I have edited the topic.

With this problem, the issue is resolved