Topic: Names for Hyperbola and forks

I've made sure that all of these names mention freedom. Feel free to use them if you are doing a fork or whatever.

*Hemibola-LibreOS, or Hemisphere-LibreOS, i.e. "Half a Bola (Ball)". This could refer to any Hyperbola-based system which is a low-maintenance and even more minimal subset of Hyperbola.

*ENGLISH (ENGLISH's Not GNU/Linux-libre, It's the SWATANTRA HyperbolaBSD). In this case "swatantra" is an alternate word for "libre", which is used by FSF India.

*S6 GNU+Linux, or S6BSD (S6 means: Swatantra, Simple, Social, Stable, Secure, Stealthy). This name is a reference to Alpine, which claims to be Simple, Small and Secure. Here "Stealthy" means "Private". This is probably the best name of all, since it mentions not only freedom but also 5 other Hyperbola values. smile

Hope this post helps, thank you!

EDIT (throgh): Link removed as Hyperbola is not related to this.

I hereby liberate ALL works of my own posted in the forums, to the fullest extent allowed, under the CC0+a waiver of all other restrictions
Promote love!

Re: Names for Hyperbola and forks

Please inform yourself about the source you are linking. The person behind is for sure many, but not in relation towards open minded and especially inclusion for all beings. Referring to would sooner or later get in direct conflict with our Social Contract (point 9).

Excerpt:

(...)

Under no circumstances discriminate against people based on age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, social class, nationality, race, intelligence, or any analogous grounds.

(...)

The person referred to is doing exactly that with pretending to "love all beings" - only a phrase used.

Thread therefore closed.
If you have questions in detail: Please get in touch with me and I will for sure explain in all details where the problem lies here. So this is not meant as personal attack towards you and / or your intentions. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Names for Hyperbola and forks

Reopening as all was discussed and resolved. As said: Please spread for sure empathy and solidarity. Thanks to all doing so!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!