1 (edited by jmarciano 2019-01-22 20:23:57)

Topic: Continous hybernation/sleep on Thinkpad X201

Hello,

I am asking for help. For my staff members in Tanzania, I have managed to install Hyberbola GNU/Linux-libre, and I did so many times, including on Lenovo Thinkpad L430, and other types of computers in past.

This time I have managed to install it on Lenovo Thinkpad X201.

It was just on Sunday, Monday 20/21st January 2019. The live Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre image on the USB worked just fine, there was no problem with the notebook. Sadly we destroyed the USB, but I will make it again and we will try it again.

However, once the computer was turned off. And then turned on again, after 30 seconds at console prompt, or login screen, it is going into sleep/hybernation.

https://gnu.support/images/tanzania/2019-01-22/Image5483422195675439453.jpg

And I could manage to get the full dmesg output, it is here on this link:
https://gnu.support/images/tanzania/201 … change.txt

I can just think that it is connected to elogind service. Does anybody have better idea?

I am getting some 4-5 seconds to do the command through the OpenVPN network that I have established at each wake up.
I am getting screenshots from my staff members. They can do like:

dmesg | less

I would like to ask members of forum if anybody can help me debug this, so that I can disable hybernation.

I have tried kernel parameters, like apm=off and acpi=off, so if I turn off acpi, we cannot write on keyboard. But then it does not hybernate/sleep.  I have also tried kernel parameter noresume, and nohlt, nothing worked.

It can be awaken from sleep/hybernation by presing F4 (moon) or power button.

Does anybody have idea how to solve this problem? The problem is in my opinion related to the kernel version, the latest, as for reason that the USB live image booted just fine, and there was no sleep/hybernation

Re: Continous hybernation/sleep on Thinkpad X201

So far I have stopped elogind service, and now it is not going to sleep. I need to see if I can handle anything in elogind settings to prevent it from sleeping. But I consider this certainly sort of a bug.

Re: Continous hybernation/sleep on Thinkpad X201

I have solved the problem by making these settings below. I cannot know what is wrong really.

[Login]
#KillUserProcesses=yes
#KillOnlyUsers=
#KillExcludeUsers=root
#InhibitDelayMaxSec=5
#HandlePowerKey=poweroff
HandleSuspendKey=ignore
HandleHibernateKey=ignore
HandleLidSwitch=ignore
HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore
#PowerKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
SuspendKeyIgnoreInhibited=yes