Topic: What would be a good way for installing Hyperbola on a tablet?

I am planning to buy a new tablet however at the time of considering it I just wished I could find a solution for not needing to get by without my Hyperbola system.

What would be in your opinion the best way to implement this? Maybe we could do here some kind of brainstorm that might be helpful to read to others in the future.

According to you: What would be the best manner to achieve having a tablet with Hyperbola system installed and good support for handwriting using stylus as many tablets have today?

Re: What would be a good way for installing Hyperbola on a tablet?

ΙΧΘΥΣ wrote:

I am planning to buy a new tablet however at the time of considering it I just wished I could find a solution for not needing to get by without my Hyperbola system.

What would be in your opinion the best way to implement this? Maybe we could do here some kind of brainstorm that might be helpful to read to others in the future.

According to you: What would be the best manner to achieve having a tablet with Hyperbola system installed and good support for handwriting using stylus as many tablets have today?

What model of tablet? Is it lenovo, or something else?

just curious, details may help others to think about how to help you.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

3 (edited by ΙΧΘΥΣ 2019-02-07 21:52:55)

Ok, this might not be the ideal solution but I found an app that is named "AnLinux" which is supposed to run a Linux distribution of your choice in a kind of virtual enviornment.

I tried to give it a try installing this app in my mobile however when I tried to open the Debian virtual environment that I downloaded it seemed that I had not enough memory in my device for allowing it to run.

Accordingly, I have not been able to fully try this option but I guess that it would be possible to do the following: installing AnLinux from F-Droid in any Android tablet, running that app for downloading any Arch based distribution, following the commands that are provided to you by AnLinux in the Termux terminal for installing and running the virtual Arch environment that you downloaded and finally following the instructions provided by the Hyperbola team for migrating your Arch system to an Hyperbola based (https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … :from_arch).

zapper wrote:
ΙΧΘΥΣ wrote:

I have not decided yet. At the moment I just continue figuring out what would be the best option allowing me to run Hyperbola on it. Any suggestions?

5 (edited by zapper 2019-02-08 02:25:24)

ΙΧΘΥΣ wrote:
zapper wrote:
ΙΧΘΥΣ wrote:

I have not decided yet. At the moment I just continue figuring out what would be the best option allowing me to run Hyperbola on it. Any suggestions?

Hmm.... why out of curoisity do you need a tablet?

Libreboot devices generally don't have this feature otherwise I would recommend them to you. Maybe someone else has a better answer, but I dunno at this time. ;|

PS, there are two tablet libreboot devices but I am kind of iffy with recommending them.

The x200 tablet, and the X60 Tablet I believe it is? I dunno... anyways that's all I can think of at the moment...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!