1 (edited by user_cs 2024-04-27 14:32:34)

Topic: GRUB

hi guys, i am inside chroot and i cant install grub, i created mount point for my /dev/sda1 which is my EFI to /mnt/boot/efi but now inside chroot when i hit lsblk i cant see mount point for /dev/sda1 and i cant install grub for /dev/sda because there is no EFI directory, why ?

Re: GRUB

Hello and welcome to the forums, can you please provide more information likewise starting for example on your chosen partitioning?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by Other_Cody 2024-06-15 23:45:09)

Before trying anything, you may have almost installed Hyperbola.
I do not know what point you are at, or how you got there, but cfdisk (the partition disks part) is near the start. At least for me it was.

cfdisk -z

or

man cfdisk

can help you change what partition type you use, I think.

I think trying man cfdisk
or cfdisk
before using the "zero" option likely will be better.

Also pressing the f2 key very fast and many times just after you turn your computer on, I think, can help you get to the bios.
There may be a UEFI and a legacy/efi mode in that can be set in the bios.
Some computers are set in the bios to UEFI instead of the other mode at first, but can likely be changed to efi mode.
f12 may also help.

I once, or more times, tried to use the

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … stallation

but did not know how to change the partition from GPT-based to MBR (Master Boot Record)
as that is what that reference guide showed. Than I looked in the "man" page and found out about using cfdisk to change the partition type.
I do not know if that makes a difference to the grub install though.

Pressing the up key can help you see what commands you may have done before.

I just installed Hyperbola and Lumina today, so someone else may know how to help better than I can at this time, but I hope the above information helps.

4 (edited by jim 2024-06-16 11:24:36)

Hello  Other_Cody. I’m very interested in how Lumina works for you, what you like and what you don’t like?

Why didn't you choose, for example, openbox or i3 or DWM?

I gave up on Lumina because my experience was terrible and very inconvenient to use...

This is a question about Grub, not about Lumina Desktop.
Thread closed, the user never reported back. If the common issue is not solved, please open another thread.

And jim: Please stop guiding threads off-topic. If you have a question, create another thread with the corresponding question and do not use existing threads to guide them off-topic.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!