1 (edited by zapper 2019-02-22 03:49:42)

Topic: Question about Hyperbola, look at link to get more info

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s … epository/

Can this happen to Hyperbola? I am guessing no, but for the sake of someone, I decided I should ask. :0

This was an AUR problem not an Archlinux problem right? Just curious.  Could the same thing happen to Hyperbola?

Anywho, just give me an answer whenever.

I still think no, but I would like some evidence to point to the opposite if some exists.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Question about Hyperbola, look at link to get more info

Yeah, for now this was only occurred within the user repository of arch linux. In fact it is the same with the PPA-repositories from Ubuntu, which can be also used in Trisquel. Therefore the official repositories in Hyperbola are not in danger and when using inofficial packages you should always build them by yourself, not using anything else then pacman and makepkg.

At last based on quote from Mr. Robot: "Control is an illusion." Meaning that the best way is being aware of what we are using / doing and from which sources software is built or loaded!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Question about Hyperbola, look at link to get more info

throgh wrote:

Yeah, for now this was only occurred within the user repository of arch linux. In fact it is the same with the PPA-repositories from Ubuntu, which can be also used in Trisquel. Therefore the official repositories in Hyperbola are not in danger and when using inofficial packages you should always build them by yourself, not using anything else then pacman and makepkg.

At last based on quote from Mr. Robot: "Control is an illusion." Meaning that the best way is being aware of what we are using / doing and from which sources software is built or loaded!

Ah okay. Good to know.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!