Re: Audio-issues and questions around ALSA and sndiod

throgh wrote:

Just to point out: If you add yourself to the group "power" you do not even need to verify anything with your root-password after all. You just need to type:

doas poweroff

Or:

doas reboot

Just that you need:

doas usermod -aG power cody

Thank you for that information.

Before I think I was using

doas openrc-shutdown -p

in Hyperbola

in my user account, after you showed me that I can do more things than I thought I could with it, to shutdown my computer.

But I see I can type less with

doas poweroff

or

doas reboot

And both of these also work.

And now you are able to configure any desktop-environment or window-manager to perform a "poweroff" or "reboot" using exactly those commands. It just depends on the configuration-file you need to embed those commands, the rest works on its own.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

28 (edited by zapper 2024-07-16 06:09:19)

To be honest, I don't have alsa-utils on and my sound works just fine for pretty much everything. I don't know if its because of alsa-sndio, or something else, but yeah.

I know you say alsa-sndio doesn't work though.  I have yet to know if that's true or not though.

Weird thing is, I still need alsa-utils installed, but I don't need openrc to start the program.

This is most peculiar to be honest.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

This was already explained, but I do it again: As there is only ALSA within the kernel current, sndio is compiled with using this as interface. So you surely do not have to start alsasound when you do not use applications having only ALSA-interfaces and are possible to use sndio. But on the base of gweled it is not possible as this application demands ALSA-support.

So there is exactly nothing peculiar: No usage of ALSA-only applications, no problems as described.
As all is solved: Thread closed.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!