Topic: Question about Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4.4

Why does the Live image (pre-installation environment) have more elegant software, compared to the installed Hyperbola system? I'm new to Linux-based OSes, so correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I noticed:

Live Hyperbola image
- SYSLINUX's HDT automatically detected my hardware
- Keyboard, NIC, monitor and graphics card are automatically detected and working as intended
- FHD 120 Hz in the tty
- Can read XFS partitions
- Uses zsh

Installed Hyperbola system
- GRUB requires manual configuration
- NIC and graphics card are not detected
- SVGA 60 Hz in the tty
- Can't see the XFS partitions
- Uses sh

I understand that I can modify a FLOSS system, but first impressions still matter.

Re: Question about Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4.4

-> Grub is pre-configured for the environment only, your installed Grub needs for sure modifications
-> If your hardware is so far recognized then you just need services to run at the concurrent bootlevel
-> Rest is up to the package-selection so far, as you can also add the corresponding packages any time at the installation-process

So I do not understand what exactly you await as you can surely configure your environment: Especially as you have noted to be new to GNU/Linux-based systems. Hyperbola needs a clear configuration forward: The running terminal-system for the installation is just one possible most generic example of what Hyperbola is currently capable. All packages used in the terminal on the live-system are also there, you just need to install and configure the packages. Otherwise the basic system is installed using the most minimum capabilities so many systems can get working with them, especially also systems of older generations.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

OK, thanks for explaining that that was the intended behavior of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre.

If you need help with the selection of packages: I'm here for you doing this. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Thanks for the offer, but I didn't expect that I won't need your help. The documentation found on Hyperbola's wiki. and packages/ answered all of the questions I had. smile This project's level of completeness and scope matches that of OpenBSD and TempleOS.