Topic: Chinese Fonts

I can't find any fonts for iceweasel-uxp to read Chinese characters. For example in Trisquel I use this:

fonts-wqy-zenhei

I've also looked at a list of fonts on the ArchLinux wiki but none in the repositories, are there fonts missing? or is there a package I can't find?

Re: Chinese Fonts

Anyway, copy the font from Trisquel to the folder

~/.fonts

works perfectly.

Re: Chinese Fonts

If you have something in mind for packaging: Please share your packaging-script. We do not offer such: Before said, the more we add the more we need to maintain and the more we need to research for security-issues. Yes, even font-packages when they bring in more dependencies as we had them in the past. We have removed that out of the reasoning that people demanded asian charactersets and fonts never had the further intention to support the needed packages and the further maintenance also.

The thread for sharing packaging-scripts: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=773
Creating your own packages and repositories: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … e_creation

But as you have found a solution: Thread closed.

One last passage therefore also: It may look alike Hyperbola is taking many things very strict and harsh. But in fact it is a logic thought instead to add more and more out of whatever kind of motivation it should and has to be our generic first focus to keep things working otherwise when we only jump after more to add, things will fall apart very fast and soon. So we ask for the motivation out of the community: If you need something for your own system, it may be also helpful for others and sharing packaging-scripts is then the next good thing to do. No, links to projects are not helpful then. Real packaging-scripts are the way forward also for later possible porting. So Hyperbola can focus to keep things working and going, essential parts and not more.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!