Topic: Signature error on installation

Trying to install some packages fails with the following error:

error: gnome-themes-standard: signature from "scott <sradms0@openmailbox.org>" is unknown trust

It's always the same person (Scott). I've updated my system, refreshed and repopulated both archlinux and hyperbola keys, and the error persists. Is this something Scott has to fix?

I think I read somewhere that I could bypass this kind of problem by changing SigLevel to TrustAll in pacman.conf, but I don't want to do anything that might be less secure if there's a simple workaround.

Re: Signature error on installation

Mesh Malachi wrote:

error: gnome-themes-standard: signature from "scott <sradms0@openmailbox.org>" is unknown trust

It's always the same person (Scott). I've updated my system, refreshed and repopulated both archlinux and hyperbola keys, and the error persists. Is this something Scott has to fix?

I think I read somewhere that I could bypass this kind of problem by changing SigLevel to TrustAll in pacman.conf, but I don't want to do anything that might be less secure if there's a simple workaround.

Hello. Have you tried to try the wiki guide?

~ Jesús E.
Hyperbola, Security Team

Mesh Malachi wrote:

Seems Scott's key has been expired, so i'm going to put our build server to rebuild his packages and remove his key in hyperbola-keyring to solve the issue. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Emulatorman wrote:

Seems Scott's key has been expired, so i'm going to put our build server to rebuild his packages and remove his key in hyperbola-keyring to solve the issue. I'll let you know when it's ready.

All related packages rebuilt and pushed. Try again and let us know if it solved the issue.