Topic: xlsfonts

The utility "xlsfonts" is missing.

Re: xlsfonts

Please provide more information: Is this "xorg-xlsfonts"?
And also: We cannot add endless more packages towards 0.4.3 to come. Please provide therefore own builds so the community has access towards that.

I have now added the package, but we had those remarks and questions for missing packages multiple times now.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by anthk 2023-01-17 12:14:38)

throgh wrote:

Please provide more information: Is this "xorg-xlsfonts"?
And also: We cannot add endless more packages towards 0.4.3 to come. Please provide therefore own builds so the community has access towards that.

I have now added the package, but we had those remarks and questions for missing packages multiple times now.

Sorry but this error it's bad, xlsfonts it's in the Xenocara core tools in OpenBSD and needed to list the installed fonts in your machine. Is not a gratuitous addon. It should be a mandatory part of xenocara-apps.

Also, I found some bug related to the font handling under Hyperbola. 'xfontsel' doesn't list the PCF bitmapped fonts, which are used for some legacy tools with Motif/Athena for instance. If you want to use a font with good coverage of symbols (misc fixed 10x20 iso10646-1) under DDD (for accented/non ASCII characters), you can't, you are restricted to ASCII 9x15 fonts.

This error happens even if I have the  all -meta font metapackages installed.

Here I have to say that I cannot fix this all alone without this some hints. I need therefore help and support to fix otherwise this won't be solved. Nevertheless: The forum is not based as some kind of issue-tracker. We can discuss issues, but we should not make the forum to be part of issue-handling. When you have a way forward which package and how to add that, let us work onto that.

But I am not able to do the research all alone for myself. I hope that is so far possible to understand!
Meanwhile I can surely see what I can do for the missing xlsfonts.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

So an UPDATE for the xlsfonts-package: I have now a working package local for another commit. But here to note: I will then add all the rest of packages and applications as there is more to be done. Meanwhile I can only state and motivate for researching on the font-issues. I have not the capacity then to do that also.

And please let us not mix different reports into one thread or issue. Please let us make a difference so we can work on singular reports and not jump between them. This makes it impossible otherwise to get a complete image. For the moment this thread is focussed onto xlsfonts being missing, so we need to add and create a working package for this. A new issues and report should be then created in the issue-tracker.

New issues:
https://issues.hyperbola.info/index.php … sk_id=1608
https://issues.hyperbola.info/index.php … sk_id=1609

For more information about problems with xfontsel: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=799

Thread closed.

Just to inform: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … b26400998c