Topic: Getting audio to work!

i have made a new install on my x200 and i cant get sound to work in all system,
other issues came up as well but i will post a new topic for them.

Re: Getting audio to work!

"alsa-utils" and "alsa-lib" are installed i also add alsasound to openrc
wen it didn't work iv add alsa-oss alsa-tools alsa-plugins but nothing came out of it
maybe firejail is blocking sound idk ?
any suggestion would be great i didn't listen to music or anything for 3 days or more smile

This can be an issue as the soundcard itself is muted: Perhaps tryout to execute "alsamixer" and look after the corresponding channels for the default card. Afterwards you could also try to change the volume - I'll have later a look as I had this kind of issue also in the past and solved that with a little script. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

4 (edited by rachad 2020-08-15 04:20:01)

got it fixed it was firejail iceweasel-uxp --noprofile --noroot
causing audio to not work i will have to check firejail profiles cause i wont be runing this command i will research before asking,
but now i have sound runing all over the place smile i used alsamixer to mute speakers so that i can get sound only in my headphon
i have acpid runing if its the one needed for this

Thanks for the feedback: Glad you could fix this and thanks for sharing your solution. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!