Topic: Getting audio to work!

i have made a new install on my x200 and i cant get sound to work in all system,
other issues came up as well but i will post a new topic for them.

"This life is short Eternity is long who want good trees plant good seeds"

"quote" taken from sam garrens an english writer and speaker,
  Were do you think we live!

Re: Getting audio to work!

"alsa-utils" and "alsa-lib" are installed i also add alsasound to openrc
wen it didn't work iv add alsa-oss alsa-tools alsa-plugins but nothing came out of it
maybe firejail is blocking sound idk ?
any suggestion would be great i didn't listen to music or anything for 3 days or more smile

This can be an issue as the soundcard itself is muted: Perhaps tryout to execute "alsamixer" and look after the corresponding channels for the default card. Afterwards you could also try to change the volume - I'll have later a look as I had this kind of issue also in the past and solved that with a little script. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

4 (edited by rachad 2020-08-15 04:20:01)

got it fixed it was firejail iceweasel-uxp --noprofile --noroot
causing audio to not work i will have to check firejail profiles cause i wont be runing this command i will research before asking,
but now i have sound runing all over the place smile i used alsamixer to mute speakers so that i can get sound only in my headphon
i have acpid runing if its the one needed for this

Thanks for the feedback: Glad you could fix this and thanks for sharing your solution. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!