Re: Support for development of packages and applications in Hyperbola 0.4

Thank you, same as for the packages above: Part of the next commit(s) to be done and therefore another checks on the list. To all readers: The earlier we are in testing, the faster we can add also additional packages. big_smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

27 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-07-31 10:26:06)

Easy as a pie for me, but in packages.md, MusE is a digital audio workstation, not a vector graphics editor.

Thanks, will add this also. Nice with rubberband, so we can activate some further features on other packages later, including mpv. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

A question? OpenNTPD replaces chrony, right?

30 (edited by gnu 2021-07-31 23:04:27)

gnu wrote:

A question? OpenNTPD replaces chrony, right?

You mean: For time-adjustment? Have never used chrony so far, but when it is about time I'd prefer ntpd and therefore openntpd. big_smile

...so, chrony was the second choice. :-)
When i was looking for ntp service i only found this...(I'm talking about hyperbola 0.3.0)

Any news about mutt? is there a dependency problem?

gnu wrote:

...so, chrony was the second choice. :-)
When i was looking for ntp service i only found this...(I'm talking about hyperbola 0.3.0)

Any news about mutt? is there a dependency problem?

No, but more dependencies needed and mutt was not on the TODO-list to be integrated.
The next git-commit will consist for now about more than 50 different new and reworked packages. But mutt will not be there until then, perhaps only some first dependencies.

very bad news for me

gnu wrote:

very bad news for me

Well, that's point of view. When there is time, we can try adding mutt or you could help with some further PKGBUILD-scripts for adding. For now the following applications are in work:

ardour
qtractor

Please remember: We are all doing as much as we can and as fast as we can. wink

I appreciated your work, I will install hyperbola when it will be in version 0.4.1 at least, I follow the development work closely because I really like hyperbola and because having a GNU system without linux seems like a great idea for the future of the free community. It hurts for mutt but I hope sooner or later it will be included.

gnu wrote:

I appreciated your work, I will install hyperbola when it will be in version 0.4.1 at least, I follow the development work closely because I really like hyperbola and because having a GNU system without linux seems like a great idea for the future of the free community. It hurts for mutt but I hope sooner or later it will be included.

Well let's see if I can get it working with the commit now. wink
As long as it is not about a full week getting that to work, perhaps it is possible. For sure mutt will be part of Hyperboia GNU/Linux-libre.

38 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-08-02 12:15:47)

dssi and liblo both added into required dependencies of muse, and yet, another one of qtractor I just made.

As for throgh, will y'make an instruction for (de)activating "snd-seq-midi" with modprobe for post-package installation?

Already added now to the repositories. Bunch of big commit now. Here the actual state of the TODO-list:

https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … ackages.md

mutt is also integrated now with an updated version. Proposals for next packages:

xfig
lives
luxcorerender
urxvt-perls
postfix
opensmtpd
davical

Perhaps someone has interest in wicd?

Adding later also lxtask as nice little program for graphical taskmanagement. wink

Added urxvt-perls and lxtask.
Supported fixing vim for final building.

Too late for me that was; is there anything more?

HarvettFox96 wrote:

Too late for me that was; is there anything more?

Never too late: I had the chance to merge. smile So THANK YOU for all of this.
Yes, we are up to the daemon-space now:

wicd
php (and whatever modules you want further, including php-fpm, all as own package)
davical
radicale
postfix
virt-manager
dolphin-emu (only 64bit possible)
luxcorerender
gigamesh
lives
xfig
stumpwm

Coming later from me:

blockattack
gweled
libxmp
minetestmapper
openarena
opensmtp
utf8cpp
haveged
clucene

(and perhaps dovecot when there is enough time left)

45 (edited by zapper 2021-08-03 16:58:47)

/sbin/openrc-run: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I get this error whenever I try to start dhcpcd with sv /etc/runit/

And for sndiod I get this doing the same guide,

warning: sndiod: unable to open supervise/ok: file does not exist

Although rather ironically, If I type sndiod or dhcpcd into root, it works just fine.

Maybe its an FHS issue or possibly, I am screwing up? I am not sure. Feedback is welcome.

This is what I did:

=⇒ Add a service:

ln -s /etc/sv/<service> /var/service
==> Start/stop/restart a service:
sv <start/stop/restart> <service>

more or less, I used this guide.Small note, do you know when runit will be fixed?

https://issues.hyperbola.info/index.php … ;closedto=

This issue above...

wink

The below is also a problem btw:

Also, I cannot lock using FN + F4 key combo.

In openrc, it automatically works... weird right?

Maybe there are openrc components still remaining in the system after installing runit?

Including runit-init-scripts btw...

???

No idea, myself though...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Hello zapper, thanks for the feedback. For now runit and the mentioned issue is on the list, but not with the absolute highest priority. So if you think of having some time you could tryout some further solutions for yourself - also having in mind the structure of the file-system (pointing towards "file does not exist").

The first priority is for now the TODO-list and the finish being in the line of sight. When we have finished that we are onto the next steps with testing different scenarios, also runit.

47 (edited by zapper 2021-08-05 03:58:45)

throgh wrote:

Hello zapper, thanks for the feedback. For now runit and the mentioned issue is on the list, but not with the absolute highest priority. So if you think of having some time you could tryout some further solutions for yourself - also having in mind the structure of the file-system (pointing towards "file does not exist").

The first priority is for now the TODO-list and the finish being in the line of sight. When we have finished that we are onto the next steps with testing different scenarios, also runit.

That is a shame, but oh well, when you know how to fix it, get a chance, feel free to fix,

as for other apps i want such as multiload-ng-systray, etc...

anything you haven't already added to repo, can be ignored for now, till runit is fixed or other priorities. wink

By that, I mean requests from ME...

just in case that wasn't clear. tongue

Doing the best possible and as quick as possible. smile
The community has done a list of needed applications and therefore the resulting packages to add. After we are finished all of the added services, applications and libraries needs for sure testing. Individuals testing right now, so we are already on a fast track way beyond any first ALPHA-version. And runit needs for sure further attention to get the problems sorted out.

Besides to add again: This thread is about the packages and help with developing them. When having issues with an installation of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4, please use this thread here. And add issues please, refine them with more information, if you have something found. smile

I know that's not the coolest action to do, but needed for the development.

throgh wrote:

Doing the best possible and as quick as possible. smile
The community has done a list of needed applications and therefore the resulting packages to add. After we are finished all of the added services, applications and libraries needs for sure testing. Individuals testing right now, so we are already on a fast track way beyond any first ALPHA-version. And runit needs for sure further attention to get the problems sorted out.

Besides to add again: This thread is about the packages and help with developing them. When having issues with an installation of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4, please use this thread here. And add issues please, refine them with more information, if you have something found. smile

I know that's not the coolest action to do, but needed for the development.

My bad, I will post there about runit if you prefer... wink

That being said, do what you need to do, I only meant that of the issues I have, runit being fixed is at the top. In case I wasn't clear... tongue

If there is interest, the following packages need some attention and love for inclusion:

enlightenment (e2x)
papagayo
toonloop
xfig
lives
blender
gigamesh
luxcorerender
libreoffice
0ad
virt-manager
postfix
radicale
davical
wicd
php
gajim
prosody
syncthing
syncthing-gtk
mumble
varnish