Topic: [Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4] Preparations and collection of ideas

Hello community,

within this thread the idea is to collect helpful toolsets, scripts and further ideas for alternatives. We all know that Linux-frameworks like PAM, dbus and many more won't be any longer part of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre and also for HyperbolaBSD. So the corresponding tools and packages follow all the same guideline and have those removed. But for sure there are known parts being lost into that process. So within here we can try to collect missed functionalities and ideas to get to the more or less same result. smile

Please don't post here some wishes for packages. We have other threads for doing that:

https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=567
https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=566

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: [Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4] Preparations and collection of ideas

SpaceFM is one possible application for file-management and has many features. Something missed is the trash. Therefore this command-line:

zenity --list --width=400 --height=150 --title='Confirmation' --text='Are you sure you want to move the following files to trash?' --column='Path' %F; (( $? == 0 )) && trash-put %F

The corresponding tools zenity and trash-cli will be for sure later in the repositories, adding within the next commit. wink You can create therefore your own command within SpaceFM and use it.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

To answer if it is possible to overwrite the "delete"-function in the menu with that idea above: That is a simple NO. But it is possible to redefine the concurrent key-mapping also for the command. Nevertheless: Remember how to handle trash-cli first. Moving elements (files and folders) to the trash results not finally deleting them at all. Here is a short but effective guidance: https://www.tecmint.com/trash-cli-manag … mand-line/

spacefm can fit into many parts and workflows, but it is th same as many others: Easy to handle, hard to master. smile

4 (edited by zapper 2022-11-16 20:31:43)

Actually, I had written some idea about debian... what I think would help, etc...

But I think I have finally found a good reason to retreat from these forums, for a while...

I realize now, you are beyond stressed...

this is in fact stressing me out...

Long story short, your newest ways of thinking remind me of someone... its erratic and it makes me think of someone you know all too well...

I give up...

Btw,  for both our sakes... I will have to do something drastic soon...

point being, I very much feel like I am personally being attacked...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!