Topic: [Hyperbola 0.4] Libreboot fsck filesystem error

I have used Hyperbola 0.4 for more than a month on two computers, one Libreboot X200 and one conventional. So far I have had 5 times problems with the  filesystem on the Libreboot and no problems on the normal computer. (with problem I understand having to use the fsck command manually to repair the filesystem to boot)
Maybe it happens after copying large files, for example with the "dd" command to make a live usb or with the "cp" or "rsync" command. I will try Trisquel for a few weeks on my X200 to see if the same thing happens or if LIBREBOOT (version 2016) has a problem with Hyperbola 0.4.

Has anyone had the same problem with Libreboot?

Re: [Hyperbola 0.4] Libreboot fsck filesystem error

I am using a Libreboot-system (ThinkPad X60s) for the whole development of packages for Hyperbola 0.4: No problems at all and the system has endured very hard times for building and compiling. Also using all systems here with either Core- or Libreboot. Also no problem with Hyperbola 0.4 at all.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Then I'll have an electrical problem, I don't know, with Hyperbola 0.3 it never happened to me, I'll do tests.
Thank you throgh

same here gnu i have thinkpad x200 with libreboot 2016 and it works fine with hyperbola v0.4
what kind of issue do u have ?

"This life is short Eternity is long, who want good trees plant good seeds."   
"quote" taken from sam garrens an english writer and speaker.

So far I have had 5 times problems with the  filesystem on the Libreboot and no problems on the normal computer. (with problem I understand having to use the fsck command manually to repair the filesystem to boot)

It must be said that my computer is connected to a UPS because it has no battery and the disk it uses is an SSD, perhaps it is a power supply problem.

gnu wrote:

So far I have had 5 times problems with the  filesystem on the Libreboot and no problems on the normal computer. (with problem I understand having to use the fsck command manually to repair the filesystem to boot)

It must be said that my computer is connected to a UPS because it has no battery and the disk it uses is an SSD, perhaps it is a power supply problem.

SSD should actually save you battery life though...

If I had to wager a guess, it is most definitely, not that.

I don't think its an ultrabay, hmm...

Throgh, are you using FDE + /Boot

I believe he has that setup...

it does puzzle me somewhat though that its acting up for him.

I assume you used the filesystem, that Hyperbola suggested, so I wonder...

It might help if you showed Throgh, everything you did... and I do mean... everything.

Otherwise, you might keep running into issues...

Sorry I cannot be of more help...

sad

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

I'm using T60 with coreboot without battery (using the docking station with an external screen and loudspeakers). Everything works fine.

8 (edited by zapper 2022-05-04 21:24:15)

Problem is, he said libreboot, not coreboot...

wink

EDIT: Unless this problem has been fixed...

-_-

wink

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

This problem seems not being possible to fix in software. Otherwise there is more input needed to reconstruct such a scenario.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!