1 (edited by zapper 2022-05-16 23:54:15)

Topic: Nevermind, this is majorly wrong, seems I misspoke...

I thought FDE - BOOT was broken, but it seems my guide when it was translated to  text from a html, something got left off, by accident.

Thus the problem I described is utterly meanngless...

Thus no worries here.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Nevermind, this is majorly wrong, seems I misspoke...

May I remember that there was and is a testing branch and everyone here is invited to support with that? You have not provided more information: Hardware used for example. Please don't think we can resolve everything right out of the box as we have limited resources first. And second this may also the case that it is not possible to reconstruct the scenario for testing. If you cannot provide more information the issue is not possible to research and please remember also: We are here to support each other. Not that developers are doing the work and others wait. Reporting issues is also an important task.

Also to ask: The version 0.4 had about more than a year for testing. So how comes that you think it is "broken"?
And going out from your screenshot: You have seen that you have not mounted anything?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

May I remember that there was and is a testing branch and everyone here is invited to support with that? You have not provided more information: Hardware used for example. Please don't think we can resolve everything right out of the box as we have limited resources first. And second this may also the case that it is not possible to reconstruct the scenario for testing. If you cannot provide more information the issue is not possible to research and please remember also: We are here to support each other. Not that developers are doing the work and others wait. Reporting issues is also an important task.

Also to ask: The version 0.4 had about more than a year for testing. So how comes that you think it is "broken"?
And going out from your screenshot: You have seen that you have not mounted anything?

Sigh...

I actually already gave you sufficient evidence...

Whatever though, T430i  3632QM intel processor

Its the stable one from here:

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … t:releases

Unless, I didn't copy the instructions properly, from the FDE - boot guide on the forums, then... it SHOULD be working...

Not sure why you are picking me off...

sad

Not that you think I wanted to attack you, zapper. smile Nothing would be more far. But as we are now in talk (tox) I think we can find a solution for.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

It seems the guide here (https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=164) needs an update? Perhaps we all can work and look into?

throgh wrote:

It seems the guide here (https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=164) needs an update? Perhaps we all can work and look into?

This thread and that issue, can be locked, as stated above and as I said before...

Okay, when you have found a solution: Nice one. Thanks! smile
And when there are issues: Please let us find a solution.