Re: How to setup desktop

https://files.catbox.moe/xh7az3.png

throgh wrote:

You use the terminal and go on with su.
Afterwards you can use l3afpad as you wish, please be careful on what you are doing there.

Thank you for your answer . It was not by chance that I clarified this question, since I have already done all this.

Here are my steps:

su

passwd

cd /etc
  l3afpad i3status.conf

then I copy the symbol that I showed above and it is copied without errors, but when
save , exit and reload the config file you get this error

'Error: status_command process exited unexpectedly (exit 1)

rachad wrote:

https://files.catbox.moe/xh7az3.png

Thank you very much)) Looks great!
Finally, at least someone showed what a working I3 looks like in Hyperbola

jimmy wrote:
throgh wrote:

You use the terminal and go on with su.
Afterwards you can use l3afpad as you wish, please be careful on what you are doing there.

Thank you for your answer . It was not by chance that I clarified this question, since I have already done all this.

Here are my steps:

su

passwd

cd /etc
  l3afpad i3status.conf

then I copy the symbol that I showed above and it is copied without errors, but when
save , exit and reload the config file you get this error

'Error: status_command process exited unexpectedly (exit 1)

Perhaps you should use "joe" or "emacs"?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Thanks for the advice, now I'll try it first joe

Unfortunately, it didn't work, I'll try to redo the hekyel configuration file myself, including the symbols . I'll work on my own..

I think anthk was right, these are fonts..

You should take into the work the advices anthk has given.
He approved them working.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

~/.fonts is deprecated in favour of .config/fontconfig/fonts .

I use now Bitstream Charter (serif), Cantarell (sans-serif), and Courier 10 Pitch (monospace); but I might install some more fonts from outside, possibly copying them from the netbsd install.

The default fontconfig is a bit screwed. Liberation fonts are, for example, intended as metrically compatible free replacement for common proprietary fonts; but it does not show up anywhere in the default configuration.

schilling.klaus wrote:

~/.fonts is deprecated in favour of .config/fontconfig/fonts .

I use now Bitstream Charter (serif), Cantarell (sans-serif), and Courier 10 Pitch (monospace); but I might install some more fonts from outside, possibly copying them from the netbsd install.

The default fontconfig is a bit screwed. Liberation fonts are, for example, intended as metrically compatible free replacement for common proprietary fonts; but it does not show up anywhere in the default configuration.

What do you mean by "bit screwed"? Is it to be fixed here within Hyperbola as system?
Please give then a concrete issue we can work onto together. Thank you!

Correction, I looked into the wrong files in the fonts.conf directory. It dos work as intended.

Okidok. Thanks for the feedback! smile
As always: Want to help when something is not working. And fix what is needed for sure.