Topic: Cinnamon-session

Did a new install of Milky Way v0.2.5. But cannot launch Cinnamon-session because of dependencies on systemd.  I tried editing with Dconf but no luck.

Suggestions?

2 (edited by aether 2018-11-08 11:52:00)

Re: Cinnamon-session

Indeed. I suggest that you open a bug to report it, here is the full error message :

cinnamon-session: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Meanwhile, you can install xfce or mate instead.

if hyperbola doesnt even include libsystemd, thats a step ahead of devuan. someone needs to tell them.

freemedia wrote:

if hyperbola doesnt even include libsystemd, thats a step ahead of devuan. someone needs to tell them.

Cinnamon is down right power hungry. I would anyday of the week prefer XFCE or Trinity when it becomes available for Hyperbola rather than that annoying DE.

meh...

But yeah, rant aside, Devuan does need libsystemd for testing and unstable I believe... so yeah... Kudos to emulatorman!

We should definitely send some money to them via transferwise. I already have btw.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Besides cinnamon is on the list for removal. Perhaps it'll come back with version 0.5 but I have doubt about it as desktop-environments like Gnome and some more include even more functionality from systemd over time and this takes even more work for removal. Work and time which could be better used elsewhere on the way towards a free, libre BSD.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

cynicfm wrote:

btw i have downloaded cinnamon yesterday and there was the same bug libsystemd needed haha ;p.

Well, good for a removal as this desktop-environment is just therefore not functional without systemd. wink

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!