Topic: dhcpcd error when update to v0.4.3

Hi colleges, I get this messagen after update to v0.4.3 when I try connect to my athk wifi usb

$ doas service dhcpcd start -v
 * Executing: /usr/libexec/rc/sh/openrc-run.sh /usr/libexec/rc/sh/openrc-run.sh /etc/init.d/dhcpcd start
 * Starting DHCP Client Daemon ...
 * start-stop-daemon: fopen `/var/run/dhcpcd.pid': No such file or directory
 * Detaching to start `/sbin/dhcpcd' ...
wlp0s20f0u1u3: starting wpa_supplicant  

Re: dhcpcd error when update to v0.4.3

Which kind of USB-adapter with what kind chipset? Update from which version towards 0.4.3? Please also take into perspective to debug your current installation further, including to start the network-stack with all commands step by step to get a deeper perspective into the issue.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Which kind of USB-adapter with what kind chipset? Update from which version towards 0.4.3? Please also take into perspective to debug your current installation further, including to start the network-stack with all commands step by step to get a deeper perspective into the issue.

I was install dhcpcd, wpa_supplicant and my usb anthena with firmware ath9k-htc-firmware

^ then, I was installed hyperbola v0.4.2, then I run `pacman -Syyy`

the same error when I try connect my atheros anthena to hyperiso

The packages is one thing, but you have not provided any more information. So I ask again: What kind of USB-adapter with what kind of chipset? Please specify the hardware itself. Not every Atheros-chip is working. Besides you need to provide more information on your own and debug manual the services.

So in the end: Configurations and logs are needed. Not only the installed package-names!

And the next important question also: Was this antenna working on Hyperbola 0.4.x before? There were no changes on drivers and / or kernel.

So possible ideas:

- Is the USB-device recognized correct? Try with lsusb, list the output also for people here to attend and help.
- Can you activate the device and use it manual? Please refer therefore to the installation-guide (part "Wireless").

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n
TP-LINK TL-WN722N v1
USB ^

So please try to manual startup that device, not through the service.

9 (edited by saravia 2023-09-24 09:30:17)

Excuse me I try will be better for my report but basically I run the next, do you need more information, only tell me, grettings

# I run this commands

echo '$ iw dev'

iw dev

echo '$ ip link set wlp0s20f0u1u3 up'

ip link set wlp0s20f0u1u3 up

echo '$ wpa_supplicant -B -i wlp0s20f0u1u3 -c /mnt/user/.emacs.d/p/ln/sudo/wpa_supplicant.conf'

wpa_supplicant -B -i wlp0s20f0u1u3 -c /mnt/user/.emacs.d/p/ln/sudo/wpa_supplicant.conf

echo '$ dhcpcd wlp0s20f0u1u3'

dhcpcd wlp0s20f0u1u3

# /some/wpa_supplicant.conf
# ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
# ctrl_interface_group=wheel
# update_config=1

# network={
#     ssid="somehiddennetwork"
#     scan_ssid=1
#     psk="somepassword"
# }

# LOGS:
# $ iw dev
# phy#0
#     Interface wlp0s20f0u1u3
#         ifindex 2
#         wdev 0x1
#         addr 18:a6:f7:11:76:4b
#         type managed
#         txpower 20.00 dBm
# $ ip link set wlp0s20f0u1u3 up
# $ wpa_supplicant -B -i wlp0s20f0u1u3 -c /mnt/user/.emacs.d/p/ln/sudo/wpa_supplicant.conf
# Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
# nl80211: kernel reports: Match already configured
# ctrl_iface exists and seems to be in use - cannot override it
# Delete '/var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlp0s20f0u1u3' manually if it is not used anymore
# Failed to initialize control interface '/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
# You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was
# left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need
# to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.

# nl80211: deinit ifname=wlp0s20f0u1u3 disabled_11b_rates=0
# $ dhcpcd wlp0s20f0u1u3
# sending commands to master dhcpcd process
# $ ping gnu.org
# ping: gnu.org: Temporary failure in name resolution

From the logs provided there is an error-message to be seen, which results local and needs to be resolved:

# ctrl_iface exists and seems to be in use - cannot override it
# Delete '/var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlp0s20f0u1u3' manually if it is not used anymore
# Failed to initialize control interface '/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
# You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was
# left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need
# to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.

There are no further problems otherwise to be seen resulting from packages, kernel or drivers.

[solve]

I was find my error, it was from my router, hyperiso is okey, excuse me for delay, thank you so much

Thanks, closing this thread. smile
Please open another one if problems are there.