Re: Connect to mirrors / error failed retrieving file 'community.db'

As said: Your installation has not succeeded in some way I don't oversee for the moment. You can also vary the command and leave "grub" out. But you will need nevertheless the basic groups: base for example.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

As said: Your installation has not succeeded in some way I don't oversee for the moment. You can also vary the command and leave "grub" out. But you will need nevertheless the basic groups: base for example.

so, im ruined my installation, and im need to do it from scratch again?

Not at all: As I have said, when you reached your chroot you can redo some parts without breaking. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Perhaps more explanations: The package-manager is working either in single packages or package-groups. You can research the exact names via the website here or also via pacman. Example:

pacman -Ss [PACKAGE]

The package-group base (which is essential:

https://www.hyperbola.info/groups/x86_64/base/ (64bit)
https://www.hyperbola.info/groups/i686/base/ (32bit)

throgh wrote:

Perhaps more explanations: The package-manager is working either in single packages or package-groups. You can research the exact names via the website here or also via pacman. Example:

pacman -Ss [PACKAGE]

The package-group base (which is essential:

https://www.hyperbola.info/groups/x86_64/base/ (64bit)
https://www.hyperbola.info/groups/i686/base/ (32bit)

Hello, again!
Im so confused, because im stuck on GRUB menu, after i made all on guide. (sorry for imgur)
Idk what i need to do, and how to repair that? idk how to open console, or smth that will help me
Its grub problem? or i dont have any packs? But i beliave that GRUB was fully ok, yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/IcOghiz

error: can`t find command "fwsetup"

And I repeat again: You have NOT INSTALLED Hyperbola. There is no working installation you have done so there is also nothing grub could do about that. You will need to do the following:

Possibility A) restart the installation as you seem to have managed solving the UEFI-boot problem and reinstall corresponding to the guide
Possibility B) mount the LIVE-image, get into the LIVE-mode, mount your harddrive where you seem to have done the installation and reinstall within your arch-chroot

I cannot help you further as you have not followed the tipps I have written yesterday: You had no working installation and have restarted nevertheless. So you have for sure also no working installation of Hyperbola.

All the errors you have noted are resulting within that packages like coretools or linux-utils are completely missing.

If you want I can help you to guide through the installation, but please: Hyperbola is not meant to be installed without some further knowledge about essentials. So one of our goals is technical emancipation and this means exactly getting more knowledge about your processes running and the technical background how to configure and setup your system fitting your needs. If you want, we can do this together step by step also here in the forum. But you would need to do something about the installation itself then. Please let me know which choice is yours for the moment!

32 (edited by zapper 2023-10-10 02:41:23)

to the op, follow this guide:

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … stallation

Then you install what you want afterwards. and I am not sure how new you are to linux, but you can always login after you reboot if its installed correctly and type your user as root logging in
and install whatever you want/need.

I would hope this gives you an idea of what you need to do.

I am not sure which installation guide you have followed, whichever guide you follow though, you can install stuff after you have finished the install via terminal. Just a heads up! and if you foolishly started a display manager without a window manager you know how to use,

control alt f1 or f2 through f4 should work.

Just trying to help if I can.

Btw, I always used to use 2 computers one to look up the guides and another for the installation itself.

I now do things a different way, but its a lot more advanced so I will say nothing of it for now.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!