26 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-14 07:53:25)

Re: 0.4 package suggestions

throgh wrote:

And you can always enhance the PKGBUILD-scripts, if you find errors. Especially the compilation of inkscape is taking some problems with gettext-tiny: If someone has an idea about? Help appreciated.

i will try to build inkscape.

edit: nevermind, my machine is not suited for big builds like this...

Regarding if you add other packages, I think I am mostly set, just need some packages fixed,

mupen64plus works, but... glide64 plugin for mupen64plus, does not work at all currently.

Always loads rice video plugin instead even when it isn't helpful. tongue

mgba also broken:

mgba: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Runit packages probably not fixed yet either probably. Anyways though, those are the thoughts I remember currently, but you guys are doing some good work, thank you!

I hope you can also do well, in making gnu privacy guard not need dbus anymore. smile

even for key generation,  and yes that's all I have to request/report.

peace for now...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

One by one to do! smile
mgba WILL BE part of the repositories, not for now as I've seen. mupen64plus can be part also, but needs testing and I'll see where that goes. This won't be part for now of the next commit to come. There will be a remake for runit for sure as we won't come up just with HyperRC / OpenRC and afterwards nothing to fix. wink

The key-generation and problems are not final explained, it would be good if you make an issue with all data you have for now so we can reproduce the situation. But I don't think this has something to do with any kind of dbus or other Linux-only framework. The state of the problem in general is for sure existing but not final researched.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Four more upcoming packages are:

Friendly reminder: Please use ONLY sha512sum-definitions, nothing more, nothing less.
We have a standard for PKGBUILD-definitions. Define more? Nice, but then for ALL PKGBUILD-definitions and coming for another version of Hyperbola. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

31 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-07-18 02:03:27)

Sorry not to let me active for personal reasons a few days ago. Now two more upcoming packages finally arrived after I just tried inspecting and modifying codes to make two patches for LuaKit.

At least LuaKit has a few numbers of required dependencies and is lighter than qutebrowser nor surf.

polygen and polygen-data themselves merged of split AUR packages and pushed into my git repo for FS#1565 (Hyperbola).

Focus will be for the next time just onto the list of packages. Thanks for the proposals, but the cut will be at the fonts (https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic … 3159#p3159) as we won't have a chance otherwise to test all of this and we don't have the time for more packages to include. There are enough parts needing more attention for now:

- Tests for pinentry and generation of GPG-keys?
- LVM2-tests and especially wpa_supplicant?
- Lumina-fixing and removal of unfree assets?
- All the big applications like VLC, LibreOffice and more to test?

Until then I'll close this thread for now and can only ask for all having understanding for this step. The reasoning is just that: Whenever any interested person enter the forums and read through, there is just one further step ahead to check if "we" as team are onto fulfillment of the wishes from the community. Nothing more, nothing less at this point. That Hyperbola is following clear principles and check compatibility? Provides further patches and checks? Well this is not the perspective for the person at that point. It is not easy for every application, library and service to do intensive research especially when it is about the freedom of choice!

Therefore, here is the repository with all the on-going applications to be added for now: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … /todo.git/
If there is interest to help, just orient onto the applications and packages there, especially dependencies. So far: Thanks for all the proposals. Last one to check and integrate later: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic … 3159#p3159
To join for help: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=566
The development don't stop after the release of version 0.4 and we can also create a list for future proposals coming after that, but for now I tend to focus work. Of course you can create any other thread with future proposals BUT working with and for the community is first priority, so the proposals given earlier also (for all interested here: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic … 2469#p2469)

HarvettFox96 wrote:

More upcoming packages of high-quality libre fonts:

And throgh, how was Minetest package being worked after building last time?

Added all font-packages except ttf-roboto. No trust in presents from companies as there is nothing without a price. wink